Ok I think this is getting easier…and somedays I am like why did I do this to myself! Just keep going, just keep going! This week the Tiger Blood should arrive. I do feel I’m sleeping deeper and falling asleep faster already. My cravings are better but man with all this Halloween candy talk they still linger. My mental fogginess is lifting. I feel my energy is increasing especially in the morning but I’m still hoping for more this week.
I really do enjoy the foods I choose to make and when I do the prep work and stick to my plan; choosing the right foods is easy. I don’t feel deprived because I enjoy what I am eating and I am full. And man does an apple and almond butter taste like candy already or what?!
One thing I strive to do when doing a new round of Whole30 is try new recipes so that it expands my Whole30 recipe library! This week, I loved the Roasted Herb Sweet Potato Bites. Also this weekend, my parents invited us out for the baseball game and to grill. No problem! I grabbed my stocked Aidell’s Chicken & Apple Sausage to throw on the grill, took a green salad and Dump Ranch dressing, and I made up a Bacon & Egg Potato Salad to share. It was so good and everyone enjoyed it. Nothing about it tasted like “healthy diet food” because it wasn’t, it was just real food and real food tastes delicious! Winning!
- Pumpkin Granola with unsweetened Almond Milk
- Sweet Potato Bacon Egg Muffin– side of chipotle aioli and avocado
- Acai Bowl – look it up on Pinterest, you can buy frozen packets at Sprouts in the frozen fruit section, I’ll add Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides as a portion, and keep your toppings Whole30
- Smoothie with WHOLE30 approved ingredients
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, would be by protein supplement to add, I get on Amazon, this is a supplement my naturopath approves of for gut healing
- Favorite combos: Blueberry Banana Cinnamon and Almond Butter Banana Spinach
- Aidell’s Sausage and Trader Joe’s Grilled Chicken Breasts over salad bowls
- leftover proteins over salad
- Mason Jar Salads for Grab-n-Go Paleo – this is a great tip for food prepping on the weekends and packing lunches ** these are not necessarily Whole30 so watch your ingredient lists
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Burrito Bowls
- replace the quinoa with cilantro lime cauliflower rice (make it easy and buy the pre-riced cauliflower!) & Trader Joe’s has canned pineapple juice
- Crispy Fried Chicken served as Cobb salad with boiled egg, bacon, dump ranch, and tomatoes
- Chicken Gyros Deconstructed – I love this Lemon Oregano Chicken marinade with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, shredded lettuce or cabbage and the dump ranch or Greek Vinaigrette. If you want to put in the time you can make these paleo naan bread.
- Layered Taco Casserole -Whole30 Tip – minus sour cream!
- Simple grill night with Aidell’s sausage